About the artist
Creating artful pieces brings me great happiness. My art is lyrical and mysterious. Its playfulness invites the viewer to engage and discover a story, offering moments of wonderment and curiosity.
The medium used is varied – metal, wood, glass, fabric, clay, feathers, bones, beads…I begin with a strong design and then fabricate using a technique suitable to mold the medium. Each layer of fabrication develops the personality of the piece until suddenly its presented and the piece is finished.
My studies, my travels, my life experiences are expressed through my work. This inquisitiveness of the world we live in is what I impart to the viewer of my art.
Name: Sarah Jane Cowley
Address: P. O. Box 36
422 Bay Street
- Eighth international Miniature Print Biennale Exhibition, juried show, Ottawa School of Art, October 19 to November 22 2020
- Pop-Up Gallery, one woman show, Beaverton, August 22 to September 6, 2020
- TOMPE, The Ontario Miniature Print Exhibition , juried show, London Ontario, August 7 to August 15 2020
- ON THE EDGE 24th Annual International Women’s Day Art Show, Orillia, February 8 to April 12 2020
- International Women’s Day Art Show 2020 – Orillia
- Celebration of the Arts 2019 – Uxbridge juried art show. Placing First Place in ‘Tiny Art’ with, I Wasn’t Expecting This, mixed media.
- Celebration of the Arts 2018 – Uxbridge juried art show. Placing First Place in ‘Mixed Media’ with, Tea Time
- Station Gallery Juried Art Show 2017– Whitby. Showing piece Inside Out.
- Station Gallery Juried Art Show 2016 – Whitby. Showing piece I Spy
- Station Gallery 2016 – Whitby. Showing piece Crawl Baby show cased in front foyer
- Station Gallery Juried Art Show 2016 – Whitby. Showing piece Madre Gato, Guardiana de la Tierra . Won People’s Choice Award.
- LOAG – Sunderland, private gallery 2013. Showing piece Queen Sheila
- First Place- Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts, 2019. Tiny Art, “I Wasn’t Expecting This”
- First Place- Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts, 2018. Mixed Media, “Tea Time”
- Privileged Space Foyer- Whitby Station Gallery 2016. “Crawl Baby”
- People’s Choice Award – Whitby Station Gallery 2015. “Madre Gato, Guardiana el la Tierra”
1999 Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Combined Decongestive Therapy
Dr. Vodder School, Victoria, British Columbia
1997 Diploma of Massage Therapy
Sutherland-Chan School and Technology Clinic , Toronto, Ontario
1991 Diploma in Nursing Applied Arts and Technology
Durham College, Oshawa, Ontario
Received the Ingrid Kazin Memorial Scholarship Award
1984 Diploma in Agriculture,
University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario