Sarah Cowley’s art brings joy and wonderment to the viewer whether it be a sculpture, an etching, a mask or diorama. Interestingly, Sarah’s formal studies have been in the fields of horticulture and medicine. She lives a life of adventure and exploration. All this is strongly reflected in her art work.
Sarah’s art has been shown in private galleries, public galleries and
internationally. She works mostly alone but enjoys working collaboratively with other artists to support and promote new cultural initiatives. Sarah has received several awards for her art pieces.
Using many media gives Sarah space to follow creative urges. She begins with a strong design, an armature and adds layer upon layer until the personality of the piece presents itself. This is the wild card which always surprises and delights her.
Sarah’s studio is in Beaverton, Ontario.
- Eighth international Miniature Print Biennale Exhibition, juried show, Ottawa School of Art, October 19 to November 22 2020
- Pop-Up Gallery, one woman show, Beaverton, August 22 to September 6, 2020
- TOMPE, The Ontario Miniature Print Exhibition, juried show, London Ontario, August 7 to August 15 2020
- ON THE EDGE 24th Annual International Women’s Day Art Show, Orillia, February 8 to April 12 2020
- Celebration of the Arts 2019 – Uxbridge juried art show. Placing First Place in ‘Tiny Art’ with, I Wasn’t Expecting This, mixed media.
- Art on the Fringe, exhibition venue Uxbridge annual art show , 2019
- Celebration of the Arts 2018 – Uxbridge juried art show. Placing First Place in ‘Mixed Media’ with, Tea Time
- Station Gallery Juried Art Show 2017– Whitby. Showing piece Inside Out.
- Station Gallery Juried Art Show 2016 – Whitby. Showing piece, I Spy
- Station Gallery 2016 – Whitby. Showing piece Crawl Baby show cased in front foyer
- Station Gallery Juried Art Show 2016 – Whitby. Showing piece Madre Gata, Guardiana de la Tierra. Won People’s Choice Award.
- LOAG – Sunderland, private gallery 2013. Showing piece Queen Sheila
- First Place- Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts, 2019. Tiny Art, “I Wasn’t Expecting This”
- First Place- Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts, 2018. Mixed Media, “Tea Time”
- Privileged Space Foyer- Whitby Station Gallery 2016. “Crawl Baby”
- People’s Choice Award – Whitby Station Gallery 2015. “Madre Gata, Guardiana de la Tierra”
1999 Manual Lymphatic Drainage and Combined Decongestive Therapy
Dr. Vodder School, Victoria, British Columbia
1997 Diploma of Massage Therapy
Sutherland-Chan School and Technology Clinic , Toronto, Ontario
1991 Diploma in Nursing Applied Arts and Technology
Durham College, Oshawa, Ontario
Received the Ingrid Kazin Memorial Scholarship Award
1984 Diploma in Agriculture,
University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario